Since 2005, over 3,000 youth have been impacted by the mission of the Institute, representing over 2,500 Tri-State New York City public, private, independent and charter schools
- 99% of alumni have bank accounts.
- 90% of alumni lack access to technology education at their public, private, charter schools
- 75% are college graduates.
- 77% of parents strongly agree that financial education is important for their families.
- 88.24% of student short term goals are to finish college or graduate school.
- 100% student report long term goals from college enrollment, homeownership to launching own business.
- 100% of parents report that financial education is not taught at their child’s school
- 52% of alumni attend public schools
- 19% of alumni attend private schools
- 5% of alumni attend charter schools
Parent Reported Financial Emotional State
13.73% -Happy 25.49% – Anxious
3.92% -Intimidated 25.49% – Embarrassed
9.80% -Fearful 21.57% – Confident
- 94.12% of parents have attended 0 – 5 financial education workshops
- 3.92% of parents have attended 6 – 10 financial education workshops
- 1.96% of parents have attended 11 or more financial education workshops
- 11.96% of parents have savings accounts
- 47.06% of parents have checking accounts
- 17.65% of parents have credit union accounts
- 9.80% of parents have 401K retirement plans
- 6% of parent have investments in mutual funds and stock market